About North Dakota Food Stamps Program
The SNAP or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (know as food stamps previously) is a food assistance program by the federal government. This is a program which helps the North Dakotans who have the insufficient income resources to meet their food needs on a monthly basis. The program is designed to accommodate the low-income individuals and families fill their grocery baskets with certain food items. Approximately $7 millions are issued by the N.D Department of Human Services, every month, to approximately 27200 households. Around 44% of the participants, who are benefiting from this program, are children, while 42% are those households that are working (earning income). The food benefits of the program are issued on the Electronic Beneficial Transfer cards that function like your ATM card to purchase the food at the farmer’s markets, grocers, and the other approved locations.
Eligibility Requirements For North Dakota SNAP Program
If you wish that you can qualify for the North Dakota SNAP Program, then you have to fulfill the certain eligibility requirements. The first and the mandatory requirement is that you need to be a North Dakota resident. There are the two different groups that are created and the applicant, or the household needs to fall into any of these two groups to qualify for the program. In the first group, the applicant should have a current bank balance that should be less than $2001 (savings & checking combined). In the second group, the current bank balance of the household or the applicant should be below $3251 that are sharing the household with persons or a person who is having any disability or aged over 60 years. However, the eligibility of the applicant will be determined by the office of county social service.
If you want to know if you are an eligible household or individual, then you can use the SNAP Calculator that will help you understand whether or not you should apply for this program. Another important requirement is the income limits that you must need to meet if you want to qualify for the program. Here are the required income limits that every household needs to fulfill to qualify for the North Dakota Food Stamps Program:
|Household Members||Maximum Income Per Year|
|For an Additional Member||+ $5408|
If your household monthly income is according to the above-mentioned chart, then you can qualify for the SNAP program as a North Dakota household. However, the only authentic way to know if you are eligible for this food assistance program is to apply for it. Every household and person have the rights to apply for this program.
How To Apply For North Dakota Food Stamps Program
The North Dakotans that are willing to apply for the Food Stamps program can either use the online application tool, or they can apply as an in person candidate. If you wish to know what the application processes are, then you should take a look at the below-mentioned steps that you need to do to apply for the program:
If you are unable to fulfill your monthly food needs and you believe that you can qualify for the SNAP benefits, then you can apply for the program online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the online application webpage by clicking here.
- Here, you will find a link “submit an application online.” Click that.
- Now, there will be three different options for you. The one that is in the middle is for the food assistance. Click on its “Get Started” button.
- Now choose the login ID type on this page, and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, choose the “Application” option. Right after, there will be two new options such as “start a new application” and “open a save application.” Select “start a new application” and then click on “Continue” button again.
- Provide your name, and then click “Continue” again.
- Now, note down your confirmation number and your last name that you will need later on for the future reference. Click “Continue” after that.
- Now, select the program “SNAP” from the given list, select the option “Self or someone else” and then click “Continue” button.
- Now, you should provide the applicant information, and then click “Continue”.
- Provide your household information and then click “Continue” button.
- Provide your employment information and click “Continue” button.
- The same way, you should provide the other required information such as other income, assets, expenses, insurance, and additional information.
- Once you have provided all the required information, you need to review the provided information, and then submit the form.
In Person Application
If you want to apply in person, then you need to first get the SNAP application form. You can get the SNAP application form below link or you can contact the county social service to request an application form which will be mailed to you at your desired address. After you got the application form, you need to fill out with the required information, and then return it to the county social service office. You can visit the office, or you can also mail the application.
Your application will be assessed for the eligibility by a caseworker who will contact you if your application seems fine. You will have to go through an interview, and once you have passed the interview, then benefits will be transferred to you within the 30 days.
Phone: 701-328-2328 or 1-800-755-2716
Economic Assistance Policy Division
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
600 E Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 325
Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
For further information on the North Dakota SNAP Program, you can get in touch with the program team by using the above-mentioned contact details, anytime.